MATERIAL REVIEW: Torlon®'s Distinctive Advantages
We have seen in our industry a high demand for Torlon. The material's great performance under stress and it's versatility are just a few reasons why many companies rely on it.
Here are some key distinctive advantages of Torlon:
- High-temperature wear resistance
- Chemical resistance to strong acids and most organics
- It's high thermal stability makes it a great replacement to metal
- Performs under several service stress conditions; great for various wear applications
- Low outgasing material
- Specifically formulated grades of Torlon can perform in lubricated environments with high pressures
- Highest strength and stiffness of any thermoplastic
- Advanced engineering polymer that yields unique custom formulations and parts for customers' needs
Strength and Stability under High Temperature
Industry users of Torlon: Aerospace, Industrial and Oil and Gas
For more details on Torlon and it's applications, click on this article.